B-TEC Higher National Diploma in Hospitality
This course will equip you with vital managerial and technical skills necessary to manage hospitality businesses. The course boasts a very high employment record for students achieving the diploma.
This is a two-year course leading to the internationally recognized HND. This HND Diploma is a certification of knowledge offering a variety of employment choices in the Tourist and Hospitality Industry, specialising on careers in the Leisure and tourism sector.
The course aims to give well-rounded, interdisciplinary knowledge in theoretical and practical levels of administrating in the Tourism Industry.
Also, the course aims to provide students with the necessary business skills with which to operate in Tourism Industry as it is considered to be one of biggest and strongest industries all over the world. The course, examines the economical, social, political and, , environmental aspects of Tourism. Students are to develop specialised business skills and they will have the chance to focus their studies on administrating tourism businesses, transportation and framework where the businesses operate (legal, political and human resources framework).
It also can be used as a prerequisite for entry onto the 3rd year of Bachelor in Hospitality Management offered at many UK universities or other educational institutions internationally.
Level QCF 5
Awarding Body: Edexcel
Duration 2 Years
Mode: Full-Time (36 – 40 weeks per academic year) /Part Time/Distance/E Learning 2 to 3 years
- UK Students: £2400 per annum.
- Part Time/ Distance Learning (E Learning) £1950 per annum.
- International Students: £4500 per academic year and registration or examination fees of the awarding body.
- 4 GCSEs with 2 GCE A Level
- BTEC Level 3/4 Qualification
- International qualification Higher School leaving certificate (intermediate) or equivalent with CEFR B1 Level ESOL/IELTS
- Mature students over the age of 21 with no formal qualification but experience and another qualifications may be admitted at the digression of the admission tutor
- Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Finance in Hospitality Industry
- Customer Services
- Food & Beverage Operations Management
- Rooms Division operations management
- The Developing manager
- Conference & Banqueting Management
- Hospitality Contract & Event Management
- Sales Development & Merchandising
- Quality Management in Business
- External Business Environment
- Law for Licensed Premises
- Menu Planning & Product Development
- Planning Managing Food Production
- Food Safety Management
- Research Report
Generally, we place more emphasis on continuous assessment than examinations. Although examinations feature, particularly at the end of the semester, they rarely have a weighting greater than 50% of the value of each unit. Most assessments take the form of assignment. So homework or private study is required.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management is particularly useful for learners who wish to progress to Bachelors Degree .