English Speaking for Other Languages (ESOL)
MCHEMT offers a wide range of quality English course to adults, including General English, English for Business, Examination preparation (ESOL) and English for non-native speakers. Designed for students who want to study for a longer period of time to improve their level of English perhaps in preparation for a university course.
- Maximum 20 students per class
- Start every Monday, minimum number of weeks 12– 24, no maximum
- Minimum age 18
- Each lesson is of 60 minutes or 90 minutes duration
- Combine with one-to-one lessonsIncludes ESOL – English Skills for Life, Life in the UK Test examination preparation if required
- Monthly course review with Course leader
Depending on the number of lessons you choose these courses cover all the key areas of language learning including grammar, listening, speaking, vocabulary and writing.
A qualification in English can open doors to jobs all over the world, in trade, tourism, communications and with international companies. It can also give learners access to opportunities in education and training. City & Guilds International English Qualifications (IEQs) are recognised as entry requirements by many universities.
Manchester College of Higher Education and Media Technology is an approved test centre for City & Guilds ESOL and offers A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2 teaching and test facilities at its Manchester Campuses. The Manchester College of Higher Education and Media Technology offers the following ESOL qualifications to both UK/EU and International Students. International ESOL Diploma (IESOL) specially designed for Tier 4 students compliance with UKBA and the diploma is valid for indefinite period.
- Qualification number: 9992 (City & guilds)
- Qualification type: International
- Level: 1-6
- Duration: Full Time 2 Weeks, Part Time 4 to 6 weeks (B1 or B2 Tests) Fees: £300
- ESOL Diploma from Level 1 – 6 duration: 6 – 9 months Full Time Fees: UK Students £2950 International Student: £4500
The International ESOL Diploma (9992) is a combination of City & Guilds International ESOL (8984) and International Spoken ESOL (8985). The qualification assesses all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
There are six levels linked to the Common European Framework. The upper levels, Expert and Mastery, are recognised by many English speaking universities as evidence of language proficiency for entry purposes. When taken as part of the International ESOL Diploma (9992) it is recognised by the UK Border Agency as an approved English language test.
Improve your English with an ESOL Skills for Life Certificate (English for Speakers of Other Languages) – gain the English language skills needed to get on in life and work.
- Qualification number: 3692
- Qualification type: Basic Skills
- Level: Entry 1,Entry 2,Entry 3,Level 1,Level 2
- ESOL Diploma from Level Entry Level 1 – 3 and Level 1 – 2 duration: 6 – 9 months Full Time Fees: UK Students £2950 International Student: £4500
- Part Time: Each Entry Level £300
Entry Level 1:You have only limited English and want to be able to understand simple instructions, statements and questions, as well as speak and write about familiar topics
Entry Level 2:You have some English and want to improve your understanding of straightforward instructions, statements and questions, as well as having the confidence to speak or write to more than one person
Entry Level 3:You have enough English to feel comfortable talking to people and reading simple texts, but want to be able to use English over the phone as well as speaking and writing more accurately.
Level 1:You can read, write, speak and listen quite confidently but want to be able to understand and communicate less familiar and more varied information.
Level 2:You can hold conversations, write clearly and accurately but want to be able to be more fluent when dealing with unfamiliar/complex situations. For more information about the expected standard at each level, please refer to the Adult ESOL Core curriculum.
Certificate for ESOL Subject Specialists – Level 4
Step up a gear in ESOL teaching – get the skills to help speakers of other languages improve their English with the Certificate for ESOL Subject Specialists.
Duration: Full Time 6-12 Months – Part Time 9-18 Months
English Language requirement
- B2 in each of the four disciplines is the appropriate level for those coming to study at level 6 (undergraduate) and above.
- B1 is the appropriate level for lower courses, including the Pathways.
- In order to get a visa, those outside of universities will have to present a test certificate form
- MCHEMT is an independent test provider, please refer to ESOL qualifications page on our website.
- UK Border Agency Officers will be able to refuse a migrant who cannot speak without an interpreter.
- UK Students: £ 2,950 per annum. The students can apply for local funding or loans and should refer to the various options available at http://mchemt.com/admissions/scholarship-funding
You complete 6 core units:
- English language use
- English language skills
- Factors affecting language and learning
- Theoretical frameworks
- Developing ESOL programmes
- Teaching practice.
MCHEMT now approved test centre for ESOL to comply with UKBA English language test requirements. Courses from 2 to 4 weeks for beginners and advance level B1/B2. (Fully Accredited)
MCHEMT Manchester ESOL Test Centre
MCHEMT Lahore (Pakistan) ESOL Test Centre
MCHEMT Malaysia ESOL Test Centre
Mamanda 7 Taman Dato
Ahmad Razali Ampang
For more details visit: www.englisheducationacademy.com